- I am a seasoned translator, and you can rely on my 30 plus years of engineering, legal, and translation experience.
- I am a former patent attorney. I did my first translation over 30 years ago, and I have been translating ever since. In the 70's I was a co-author of the first intellectual property dictionaries and translation aids in Russia. We have published 12 dictionaries and translation help-books for translation from four languages. Example 1, Example 2.
- I am especially skilled in patent translation, which is backed by my experience in drafting patent applications both in Russian and United States and dealing with patent examiners.
- I was the author of a Russian terminology standard (GOST) for power tools. I know how terminology works and how to use certain techniques for coining new terms.
Three in one
My professional translation business offers three advantages, working as a kind of boutique:
- I am a self-employed owner of my own business.
As the owner of my own business, I shall be personally responsible for all aspects of the work. I will negotiate and make all decisions with you. And I can be more flexible than any other business because I am my own boss!
- I am the only employee.
As the only employee, I will do exactly what I am expected to do, because I am a responsible person offering dependable services.
- I am the only point of contact which you, my customer, will use in all matters of business and translation.
As your only point of contact, I am ideal for you because you can speak to both the owner of a business and the sole employee, simultaneously, without any go-betweens.
These 3 features will be of great advantage for you: You save time for the entire business transaction, you get personalized service, and you can enjoy a unique approach to your project.
This means that you will deal with all three aspects of a translation business in one person, namely me!
There are strict rules that I have always imposed upon myself:
- Always stay loyal to the client.
- Keep client's business confidential.
- Undertake only those jobs that I am able to handle.
No job is too big or too small for me.
Short deadlines represent a great challenge for me. I can offer quick turnaround times for small jobs (0.5 to 2 hours lead time). I always translate for free one-ten lines for my permanent customers.
Being my own boss, I am available for translation 24/7. You call me on Saturday, and you, my client, will get the translated document on Monday morning provided it is humanely possible.
My smartphone allows me to handle calls, emails, and messages. Wherever I am at the moment, I can read files in all common formats in real time. My response time is normally not longer than 30 minutes.
When working with translations, editing, preparing a patent application, I use a variety of tools. Here are my primary tools:
- 30 + years of experience and expertise.
- Excellent electronic dictionaries and about 200 paper dictionaries in many languages painstakingly collected over 30 years. Many of them are rarities now, and they still contain terms that may not be found in coin temporary digital dictionaries.
- Advanced experience in searching for bilingual terms in the Internet.
- MemoQ – an advanced translation memory tool, which allows me to translate documents in formats that are even not available in my computer. The translation memory has certain quality control features greatly improving the translation quality. MemoQ is compatible with SDL Trados, Transit and other translation memories.
Need help with terminology, please use my experience!